Change is something that we humans always look for and always dread too. Monotony bores us down and a change challenges our comfort. Similar things keep on happening. Look at the latest pandemic and the changes it brought. Its biggest impact can be seen in the corporate and educational sectors. When we talk of online education, UK has started to see a great shift. Many prestigious education platforms came to serve the world in need. Take Sophia H.S. for example – Learn more about Sophia High School. But, where there is change happening, there are worries too. Is online education any better than traditional education? These questions keep on nipping millions of parents worldwide.
Online Education v/s Traditional Education is a broad subject and needs proper consideration.
Online Education v/s Traditional Education!
There are two ways to look at it – the need for online education and the overall quality of online education. When we talk about primary education, it has different needs. When we talk of secondary education, it has different needs. One big difference between primary and secondary education is that secondary education requires practical knowledge. This is not possible in an online setup. However, there are institutions that make weekly arrangements to deal with practical aspects.
Areas where Online Education wins big!
Every coin comes with two sides to it. This same happens when it comes to Online Education. When we talk of online schooling, there are areas where it surpasses the traditional / physical schooling by a big margin. Here are all the areas where online education (UK) wins over the traditional system –
- Online schooling provides flexibility to the family. It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, your children can still access their classes. This means that a continuity remains alive. For example, if your parents suddenly get a chronic illness, you can shift there without compromising over your children’s education.
- You get to supervise over your children from closer. In traditional schooling parents rarely know what happens behind them. Sometimes parents suddenly come to know that their child is being a victim of harassment. The chances of getting bullied goes down in the online education system because of strong data monitoring and recording. It is good for the health of your child.
- Online Education in UK provide high interactive learning where different technologies get used to teach children in a better way. For example, use of videos, image, audio, 3d visualization, learning games, etc. has been proven to create an environment where fun and learning comes together.
- Your children get access to high quality prestigious schools, which was not possible earlier due to geographical limitations. For example, a child in India can now get his/her schooling done in the British education system using online learning technology. Furthermore, because of increased resources, a person can learn many different subjects without having to go many different places.
These are all the few of those many benefits that online education provides over the traditional education. But it has some of its drawbacks too.
Areas where traditional schooling wins big!
Traditional schooling has been a part of our lives for thousands of years. We have evolved around it. This is because it provides several benefits. When we compare it to online education (UK) we find that there are areas where it is better.
- Traditional education helps in greater amount of interaction between students. It allows children to meet at a single place and interact with each other. This adds a personal touch and allows them to learn and grow in a social environment. We humans are social animals that love socializing.
- Traditional education provides a focused environment where a group of people dedicate their time to learning. This also is the case with online schooling, but because children use devices and the internet, they are prone to huge distractions. The solution is to install parental controls, monitoring services, screen time, notification blocker, and other tools to help create a focused online environment. Teach your children how to use the internet. It is a must. It is a part of our lives and you’d be teaching your children how to live a better life.
This was a small comparison between the two different schooling types. From what we know, the Internet is going to stay with us and become a part of us. In such a case online education is believed to be the future of this world. This is why regarding online education, UK is seeing great development. If you are looking for a quality online education platform, learn more about Sophia High School. It has been proclaimed by the media and experts as one of the best educational platforms.